This classic sipping cocktail is as good to taste as it is to look at.
The White Lady is a variant on that other classic cocktail - the Daisy - adding egg white for a marvellous “mouth-feel” to the drink.
Sharp and citrusy, like The Daisy, balanced by the orange and syrup - but the frothiness of the egg white emphasises the creaminess of Jam Jar Gin, as well as creating a delightful mouthfeel and wonderful look to the drink.
Here's how you make it.
- 35ml Jam Jar Gin
- 15ml Orange Liqueur (e.g. Cointreau)
- 25ml Lemon Juice
- 25ml Egg White
- 5ml Sugar Syrup (also called "gomme")
- Small piece of orange peel.
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker
- Dry shake (without ice) to disperse the egg white and pre-foam the cocktail
- Add ice and shake vigorously
- Fine strain into a coupe glass
- Squeeze (and discard) a twist of orange peel on top of it.
Note: You can use a good quality orange liqueur (also called triple sec)for this drink, or you can make your own based around Jam Jar Gin (the recipe is in our book).
Do let us know how you get on with it.
We love seeing YOUR cocktails, so please do keep sharing them via #jamjargin on social media.
Don't forget to sign up to our newsletter to receive cocktail ideas and more each month.
And remember to stock up on our award-winning Jam Jar Gin to make the White Lady (and other marvellous creations) - just click on the links below.