Our GORSE FLOWER cocktail brings out the best in Jam Jar Gin with this foragers’ delight and its rich coconut-like fragrance, growing in abundance in our woods at the moment.
Matching coconut-infused maraschino and a gorse flower hydrosol with the citric creaminess of Jam Jar Gin to create a drink that lifts your spirits like a crisp, sunny spring day.
Here's how you make it.Ingredients:
(for one drink)
- 40ml Jam Jar Gin
- 20ml Orange Liqueur (e.g. Cointreau)
- 20ml Lemon Juice
- 2.5ml Coconut-infused Maraschino
- 2.5ml Sugar Syrup
- 3 drops Gorse Flower Hydrosol
- Dust a wine goblet with caster sugar and coconut flakes
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake quickly.
- Fine strain into a wine goblet
- Garnish with a long lemon twist (squeezed and dropped in).
Note: You can use a good quality orange liqueur (also called triple sec) for this drink, or you can make your own based around Jam Jar Gin. You'll find the recipe for Jam Jar Gin Orange Liqueur, Coconut-infused Maraschino and Gorse Flower Hydrosol all in our book.
Do let us know how you get on with it.
We love seeing YOUR cocktails, so please do keep sharing them via #jamjargin on social media.
Don't forget to sign up to our newsletter to receive cocktail ideas and more each month.
And remember to stock up on our award-winning Jam Jar Gin to make the Gorse (and other marvellous creations) - just click on the links below.