Another delightful cocktail that you should definitely try.
The tell-tale sign of the Gin Crusta is the sugar-crusted glass rim. It's actually an adaptation of the Daisy - a general name used for cocktails with orange liqueur.
The added bite of the maraschino liqueur works beautifully in this drink, and is sweetened by the caster sugar on the glass.
Here's how you make it.
- 40ml Jam Jar Gin
- 20ml Orange Liqueur (e.g. Cointreau)
- 20ml Lemon Juice
- 2.5ml Maraschino Liqueur (e.g. Luxardo)
- 2.5ml Sugar Syrup
- 3 dashes Boker’s bitters
- Slice of Orange
- Caster Sugar (for dusting)
- Slice of Lemon Peel (for garnish)
- Wipe the slice of orange around the outside rim of a wine goblet and discard
- Dust the goblet with caster sugar, turning until covered on all sides
- Combine remaining ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake quickly and fine strain into the dusted wine goblet dusted with caster sugar
- Garnish with a lemon twist (squeeze it and and dropped it in).
Note: You can use a good quality orange liqueur (also called triple sec)for this drink, or you can make your own based around Jam Jar Gin (the recipe is in our book).
Do let us know how you get on with it.
We love seeing YOUR cocktails, so please do keep sharing them via #jamjargin on social media.
Don't forget to sign up to our newsletter to receive cocktail ideas and more each month.
And remember to stock up on our award-winning Jam Jar Gin to make the Gin Crusta (and other marvellous creations) - just click on the links below.